Friday 13 September 2013

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable: First Review


So here goes my first real post, the plan was to start with some nail art but a late finish at work stopped me having the time needed to do this. So instead I have a little review for you.

We're taking a look at Revlons Just Bitten Kissable lip balm/stain today. I know this product has been around for a while but I just wanted to share my opinion and spread the word a little.

First up is the packaging:

Nothing amazing with the packaging but they do look cute and colourful if you like to display your make-up a little bit like I do plus the size means they stand up easily but still aren't too big to carry around in your bag.

I have a slight problem with the design/shape of the balm stain itself though. It comes with a pointed crayon like tip, great for lining and then filling in the colour. The only problem is I've found it very hard for to keep this shape and my most used one has ended up completely flat:

That's just a small complaint for an otherwise great product though. The application is smooth and easy and for a balm texture the pigmentation in this product is great, for the brightest finish this does have to be built up with a couple of coats but that just makes it all the more versatile for those who don't want to be so out there with their lipstick.

Today we're looking at my three favourite colours. There's Romantic 045 which is a bright red with quite strong orange undertones. I love this colour, I'm a massive fan of red lips and this is perfect because its bright without being quite as in your face as some reds.

Then there's Lovesick 020 which is a bright almost shocking pink with slight blue-ish undertones. This is probably my favourite out of the three, very very pigmented after a couple coats and such a fun colour. I love this on a night out with a flick of eyeliner.

Finally we have Honey 001 which is a dusky pink but does come out almost lilac. The packaging on this one is a little deceiving as it looks like a very neutral pink which was what I was looking for when I bought it. Once applied though the colour is a lot darker and slightly more purple than you'd expect from the packaging. That said I do like this one but it is my least worn of the three, maybe because I think it looks best with some dark smokey eye make-up and I am a simple cat-eye kind of girl.

So you can get an idea of the colours here's swatches of the above three colours without flash:

And with flash (there looks to be a lot more shimmer/glitter here than there actually is once applied especially with Lovesick):

You can see from the above picture that these really are balms as well as stains but here's how they look on the lips (excuse the poor application there wasn't much time lol)

The application on this product is smooth and easy and they do look and smell great and feel super moisturising. They do last for a good few hours even with eating and drinking but you really do still need to top up even with the stain element to this product. I love the colours and the feel for the first few hours but if not reapplied when the balm first starts to wear off I do find it can leave my lips a little flaky and the stain doesn't wear off evenly.

So all in all this is a really great product especially for those who are new to lip colour as lipsticks with a lot of pigmentation can be quite difficult to apply for a first-timer but these are very quick and if you prepare your lips properly you won't need to fuss around with linking and priming your lips first.

And now here we are at the end of my very first review. I hope you enjoyed it and I'd love to hear your comments on this and also on what you'd like to see from me in the future.





1 comment:

  1. I love those lip crayons, I'm addicted to the Bourjois Colour Boost ones! :)

    I would like to nominate you for the Liebster Award! You can find out more about the tag and the question on my blog:

    thingstatiana.blogspot.com

    xxx
    Tatiana

    ReplyDelete

I read every single comment and do my best to reply. Please leave your link if you comment, I visit the blogs of every single commenter so leaving the link just makes my life easier :) x