Saturday 21 September 2013

Sleek 'Face Form' Contouring Kit review

You know when you read about a product and you think 'I kinda want that'. Well that;s what I thought when I kept seeing reviews for Sleeks contouring kit. I wanted to attempt contouring for a while but buying everything separately just seemed like it would take so long and I was always 'which blush will compliment which bronzer, which highlighter isn't gonna make me look like the tin man...'. Anyway all those problems were solved when I saw Sleeks kit sold in the Superdrug right next door to my work.

The packaging on this is lovely as is most of Sleeks stuff, before this purchase I only had a few lipsticks from them but their packaging is lovely and simple and I do love a matte black finish.


The Light Face Form kit contains a matt bronzer, a creme/pink highlighter with gold flecks and a pinky peach blush with a gold shimmer.

The second I opened this the blush drew me in, if I'd have opened the palette and it had contained nothing  but the blush I'd have been happy thats how good this blush looked. It's obviously not a blush for everyday wear but who contours for the daytime unless you're a Kardashian. 

I have never contoured my face before, ever! So bear in mind that this is a beginner using this product. As we all know though, the matt bronzer is used below the cheekbones (I'd also say around the hairline but maybe that's just me), the highlighter on the upper cheekbone and down the centre of the nose and the blush on the apples of the cheeks and temples.



The quality of each of these is perfect. The bronzer is matte, as any bronzer used for contouring should be. It's silky to the touch and applies evenly and thanks to how well it blends it avoids looking "muddy" has some matte bronzers tend to.

The highlighter is decent enough, I have nothing to rave about but it applies well and does it's job without looking too glittery or anything. Then we come to the blush, oh my! Anything thats pink with a gold shimmer is good in my books so I'm so glad that this lived up to my expectations, it looks beautiful!!!! As I said above I wouldn't ever wear this in the daytime but it makes your skin GLOW! Not in an over the top kind of way but just in a beautiful "why yes I do have perfect and healthy skin" kind of way. I actually cannot wait to go on a night out just to wear this! Here's a few pictures of my results, again beginner to contouring and I'm far from a make-up artist so imagine what someone with talent could do with this beaut of a palette!





Sorry for the two posts in one night but this just had me super excited!





30 comments:

  1. wow it looks great! I wish sleek products were available in the US :(

    nice blog-- now following :)
    biffsquiggled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't the biggest Sleek fan before this, their lipsticks I have were great and very pigmented but for some reason I just always skipped past this brand. Think this product has changed my mind though!

      Now following back :)

      Lisa x

      Delete
  2. I have the contour kit (the one without the blush) but this blush looks similar to their rose gold blush which is so beautiful, it looks great on you don't know why you wouldn't wear it during the day you look great! :) x

    mollysbeautyspot.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the one's without the blush but I'd read a few reviews and the blush in this always looked amazing, so glad it lived up to it's reputation. Aw thanks, when I say during the day I really mean for work, a day out would probably be different. Just with work I stick to very light foundation or BB cream and then a Jelly Pong Pong creme blush, I just prefer leaving it more natural for work I think :)

      Lisa x

      Delete
  3. Sleek proucts are amazing bad this doesn't disappoint! :) xx

    adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has converted me, there were a few other Sleek products I was eyeing up yesterday think I'll have to give them a go after trying this!

      Lisa x

      Delete
  4. Nice review and looks a good product. Sad is, we don't get Sleek products here :(
    And by the way, you are cute :)
    Your new follower via GFC and Bloglovin, hope you will follow back.
    Regards
    Patchoulii-Flog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's a shame, maybe they'll start soon or you could check out ebay or something :)

      Thanks, now following back.

      Lisa x

      Delete
  5. Your skin is gorgeous, soooo flawless xx

    Gemma ♥ | Ɱiss Ɱakeup Ɱagpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks, I wish it really was but this is all thanks to Revlon PhotoReady and my life saving Real Techniques Stippling brush lol.

      Liss x

      Delete
  6. This post is like perfect timing, I was just saying that I needed a contouring kit. Great review!

    BeautyandtheBayou.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend this one if you can get hold of it, it really works wonders!

      Lisa x

      Delete
  7. I have been thinking about getting this contouring kit from Sleek for a while. So thanks for the review I think I'll have to have it now.

    allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks :) For £9.99 it's a bargain, I haven't bought a beauty product that I'm this happy with in a long time. It's amazing!

      Lisa x

      Delete
  8. I don´t have this kit so that thank you for your review :-)

    xx


    International giveaway (MAC): http://envueltaencrema.blogspot.com.es/2013/09/sorteo-mac-vuelta-al-cole-2013.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend this if you are ever looking for a contouring kit, there aren't many on the market anyway but this one really is perfect :)

      Lisa x

      Delete
  9. Love the pics ! It looks great on you ! :) Which lipstick are you wearing?

    Chloé
    Myrkvi.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, it's Kate Moss for Rimmel. I did a review on it a few posts down :)

      Lisa x

      Delete
  10. I love this palette from Sleek, definitely one of my favourites!

    life-of-libby.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually can't believe how good it is, so glad I finally bought it :)

      Lisa x

      Delete
  11. The stuff from sleek is meant to be really good, their blushes are amazing!

    CharlotteHavs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blush in this kit is definitely my favourite thing about it!

      Lisa x

      Delete
  12. Thanks, now following :)

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, that blusher looks beautiful. I need to try it!!! X

    TheBeautyWiz.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely my new favourite, it really just makes my skin glow. I need that after a few weeks worrying about the condition of my skin!

      Lisa x

      Delete
  14. I have never tried any sleek products but have heard how good they are!?!
    think I should go and purchase this now!

    Oh and you did a great job applying the makeup! looks very professional and flawless!
    http://bellamomento.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks really good! I have a bronzer/highlighter palette from Sleek but that blush looks gorgeous I really want to try it :) x

    sleeplesswithsienna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Sleek as a brand anyway but their contouring products are my absolute favourite! I absolutely adore the highlighter, its my favourite part of the kit, even though most people don't think it's anything to rave about. It's funny isn't it how people prefer different things? Totally agree about the blush though its gorgeous. I actually bought the singular one too :)
    Hope you're well?
    Your newest follower,
    Laura xx

    http://www.lisforladybird.com/

    ReplyDelete

I read every single comment and do my best to reply. Please leave your link if you comment, I visit the blogs of every single commenter so leaving the link just makes my life easier :) x