Thursday 19 September 2013

Thrifty Thursday: Calvin Klein Tempting Glimmer Sheer Creme Eyeshadow

Evening my loves!

So it's 4 days until payday. Monday seems so long away. As always though I've been getting slight beauty withdrawals, I found myself aimlessly wandering around Superdrug picking out things that I'll be buying come payday. To ease the symptoms I made a little trip to the good old pound shop today. It's cheap and cheerful and at least I'd be able to find something new to try.

And here was my purchase; Calvin Klein Tempting Glimmer Sheer Creme Eyeshadow in Vinyl Black. Being Calvin Klein the packaging is as sleek and simple as you'd expect, nothing special for people like me who like something a bit different but very pretty nonetheless



The description I've found for this is as follows: "Single creamy, velvety eye shadow Offers high shine, high impact color Lightweight & extra-smooth finish No creasing or fading for long wear."

First of all the colour of this is great, it is sheer but it's so buildable if you wanted that super black colour. What I like about this is that you can basically create a smokey eye with just the one shade by building the colour in the corners and blending inwards

(Top to bottom: with flash, without flash)

This colour would definitely go a lot darker than I had it but having light eyes I'm not a fan of anything too dark but if that's the look you wanted this product would work. As you can see in the above pictures, this has settled into the crease of my eye but this was after a couple of hours wear and without a primer and it really isn't as obvious as it seems in the second picture.


Overall I'd say it's a pretty good product, I don't often go for a smokey eye but I'll definitely be reaching for this when I do.

So that's my fix for now, now it's just time to count down the days til the new Barry M launch in stores!

Have you had any bargain finds lately?                                   

13 comments:

  1. Ooh this looks gorgeous, love your smokey eye, so convenient only needing to use one product!

    Thanks for checking out my blog, following you :)

    Alexandra
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this product, your eyes look great!! I am new to blogging and i would really appreciate it if you took a look at my blog, please feel free to comment and become a member if you enjoy what you see! thanks, evie xx

    PS I have followed you and look forward to more posts!! :)

    www.anythingfloral.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, your blog is great now following back :)

      Lisa x

      Delete
  3. Hi dear, thanks so much for your wonderfully insightful comment! Following too. I have never tried Calvin Klein makeup before, I'm not even sure if its available here in SA as yet, but I am pretty impressed with the outcome and your great review. I like the subtlety of this smokey look (not a fan of the Taylor-Momsen-type looks), this is really elegant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I cant deal with the Taylor Momsen style eye make up either so I like how subtle this can turn out :)

      Lisa x

      Delete
  4. It looks really gorgeous with your eye colour! I haven't tried CK make-up yet but I find their eyeshadows really sheer, but still gives a gorgeous look. :) Thanks for visiting and following my blog. I'm now following you too in GFC and BlogLovin. <3

    Take care always, love Christine ~ xo
    Chriissydollxo Blog | BlogLovin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I love the pound shop for bargains like this, I'm going to look out for these!
    Lauren.xx
    www.laurenmidd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use another shadow for smokey eyes ;-)

    I´m following you now. Would you like to visit my blog and follow me back?


    Sorteo internacional/International giveaway:
    http://envueltaencrema.blogspot.com.es/2013/09/sorteo-mac-vuelta-al-cole-2013.html


    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heyy!!!!
    You have such an impressive blog :-) Just came across your blog and loved it.. Following you via GFC, would love if you visit my blog and if you like can follow me too :-)

    www.sanasramblings.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never tried any CK cosmetics.
    You have beautiful eyes and long eyelashes.
    x
    Stella from a A Shiny Place

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad I discovered your blog! Would you like to follow each other? Just let me know on my blog!

    allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice product!

    would you like to follow each other? Let me know

    ReplyDelete

I read every single comment and do my best to reply. Please leave your link if you comment, I visit the blogs of every single commenter so leaving the link just makes my life easier :) x